"Happenings" in CWRL
- Congratulations to Zach Cravens, 2018 winner of the John L. Roseberry Award for Meritorious Student Publication
- Congratulations to Zach Cravens, 2018 winner of the Alan Woolf Outstanding M.S. Student Award
- Congratulations to Yan Wu, 2018 winner of the Director's Outstanding Ph.D. Student Award
- Congratulations to Zach Cravens, 2017 winner of the Alan Woolf Outstanding M.S. Student Award
- Congratulations to Tyler Schartel, 2017 winner of the John L. Roseberry Award for Meritorious Student Publication
- Dr. Eric Schauber became the Director of Undergraduate Studies for the Department of Zoology at SIU in October 2016; he will continue to conduct research and teaching activities along with this administrative position
- Dr. Eric Schauber received the 2016 Faculty Mentor of Excellence Award (College of Science) from the SIU Center for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity
- Congratulations to Shelby Heistand and Julia Smith (former students in Dr. Nielsen's research group) for being part of the 2016 class of The Wildlife Society's Leadership Institute!
- Congratulations to former students in Dr. Nielsen's research group on their employment following completion of their degree at SIU: Matt Springer (Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky), Justin Shew (Conservation Program Manager, National Great Rivers Research and Education Center [IL]), and Jess Fort (Research Biologist, Archibald Biological Station [FL]).
- Congratulations to Esmarie Boyles (co-advised by Drs. Chen and Nielsen) for winning the following awards during 2016: Department of Zoology Graduate Summer Scholarship; Director’s Outstanding Ph.D. Student Award, Cooperative Wildlife Research Laboratory; and Best Ph.D. paper presentation award, 52nd Annual Meeting of the Illinois Chapter of the Wildlife Society, Makanda, IL.
- Congratulations to Elliott Zieman (co-advised by Drs. Nielsen and Agustin Jimenez [Zoology, SIU]) for winning the following awards during 2016: Foote and Foote Award for Outstanding Teaching Assistant, Department of Zoology; Best Graduate Student Poster, Sigma Xi Poster Conference at SIU; Marc Dresden Student Travel Grant, The American Society of Parasitologists.
- Congratulations to Julie Brockman (advised by Dr. Nielsen) on winning a travel grant to the 23rd Annual Meeting of the Wildlife Society in Raleigh, NC, to present "Habitat selection of reintroduced bison in northern Illinois
- Dr. Clay Nielsen has been named a Research Associate with the Conservation Ecology Center of the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute